Course: 2365 Level 2 & 3
1. What did you do before you started training to be an electrician?
Before training at Trade Skills 4U, I worked in asset management.
2. What was your reason for training?
I chose to train as an electrician because I had grown tired with working in an office environment and travelling to the same place of work day after day. I wanted abit more variety.
3. Why did you choose the electrical field?
Before becoming an asset manager, I worked in a factory producing vehicle wiring harnesses, thus, electrical work was the obvious choice. Also, working as an electrician would allow me to work in different locations and earn good money at the sme time so it met my needs.
4. Are you working as an electrician whilst studying?
I started working as an electrician 2 months into my level 2 course, for a company that maintains the electrical systems in a newspaper printers whilst also taking on various other contracts.The 2365 course allowed me to come into the industry and prove useful to the team on day one. I also noticed that as I progressed through the course, I could continue to take on more responsibility and tasks.
5. What do you enjoy most about the course?
As a fan of science, particularly physics, I enjoyed learning about the theory behind electricity and how to carry out cable calculations.
6. Are you struggling with any of the topics?
So far, I haven't struggled with any of the topics or modules.
7. How would you describe the facilities at TS4U?
TS4U facilities are excellent. At no point did the group lose out due to facilities not being adequate.
8. Do you have any plans to gain more electrical qualifications?
I will use TS4U in the near future to get my inspection and testing certificate. Doing the course, and it being so diverse has made me realise how much I enjoy the theoretical and designing side of the industry. So I am contemplating further qualifications in that field.
9. What advice would you give to others thinking of taking the 2365?
Just sign up and change your life for the better. The course is over before you know it and then you are away. I am disappointed with myself I didn't do it sooner.
10. What are your plans for the future?
I will spend a few years on the tools as was my initial reason for starting the course, but eventually I would like to go into designing installations and perhaps teaching later on.