C&G 2357 NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation or Maintenance
Why take the C&G 2357 NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation or Maintenance?
If you have already completed your C&G 2365 Level 3 Diploma (Or similar technical certificate) and are looking to gain grading from the JIB as a fully qualified electrician then you will need to complete this Level 3 NVQ. We offer both the installation and maintenance NVQ's for our customers. Simply confirm which type you require after booking.
We will provide you with an induction, a dedicated assessor, on-going support and online assessments to complete your observations.
Please note we offer 2 types of NVQ:
1. C&G 2357 NVQ - For those who have completed their C&G 2365 Level 3 Diploma (this qualification)
If you do not hold both the L2 and L3 2365 and have less than 5 years experience please call us for advice as a bridging unit may be required before completing your NVQ. If you have more than 5 years experience please see this page.
From 1st March 2020, this course forms step 5 of our 5 step programme to gaining gold card status. Click on the image below to find out more.
Entry Requirements / Who’s it for?
Simply put these NVQ's are designed for those who have completed their C&G 2365 Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas. If you have a mix of C&G 2330 and 2365 qualifications or passed your C&G 2365 (or EAL equivalent) before September 2017 simply give us a call and we can advise you of any further training or bridging units you may need to take.
How long does it take?
The length of time that the NVQ takes will depend on how quickly you can cover the different types of work required to complete all the units. As a rough guide we suggest the following:
- Already working as a contractor with a history of jobs you can reference – 12-18 months
- Just completed your tech certs and started working – 1-2 Years
They key to passing the NVQ is the range of work you can complete in the time. If you have a large variety of work you can complete it quicker, if you are doing the same thing day in day out then you will find it harder to provide the full range of evidence required. For those who have been working as an electrician for some time certain existing jobs and evidence can also help speed up the process. There is a 2 year time limit on completing this NVQ.
How is the NVQ structured?
Once you have completed our initial assessment to ensure you meet the criteria for this qualification you will be assigned an assessor who will support you through the NVQ process right up to your final assessments. They will help you understand:
- How to build your portfolio
- What range of evidence needs to be gathered to meet the criteria of the qualification
- What assessors are looking for so you can demonstrate full professional competence
- Different types of assessment methods include:
- Witness testimony
- Reflective accounts
- Photographic evidence
- Direct observation
- Work products
- In depth probing professional discussion
Assessments will take place to determine your progress and competence against the national standards. We will be able to ulitlise technology to meet with you at short notice, during the working day or even out of hours to carry out observations. You can join the meeting via phone, tablet or even PC. This is a cost effective way for us to deliver your electrical NVQ.
Electricians NVQ units
The units covered will vary based on the NVQ option you choose but as guide you can expect to cover the following:
- Ensure safe site working
- Diagnose and correct faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Provide technical and functional information to relevant people about electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Prepare to install electrical wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Install electrical wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Connect wiring systems and equipment using safe and approved methods
- Inspect, test and commission an electrical installation
Exams & Qualifications
As stated above the Electrician NVQ covers assessments of your portfolio and onsite visits.
On completion you will receive a formal Level 3 NVQ certificate from C&G the UK's leading provider of vocational qualifications.
The cost of this NVQ does not include the cost of the AM2 assessment which is required as your end point assessment. You can book this when you are ready directly with numerous AM2 test centres throughout the UK. Visit this page for more details: https://www.netservices.org.uk/center-list/
Frequently asked questions
Why is the AM2 not included?
It is likely that you will book your AM2 towards the end of the NVQ when you feel ready. As such we recommend booking this separately either via us or directly with a local AM2 centre.