Basic Electrical Maintenance Course
Beginner, Other Trades
Why take the Basic Electrical Maintenance Course?
This 2-day basic electrical maintenance course has been designed to show you how to safely replace accessories and equipment in domestic and commercial electrical installations.
This course is perfect for people with little or no experience in the electrical industry who want to learn how to safely replace basic electrical accessories and equipment on a like-for-like basis, such as:
- Socket outlets
- Electric showers
- Boiler fused spurs
- Ceiling roses
- Decorative lighting
- Outside lights
- Outside sockets
- Cooker points
This course could be perfect for:
- Kitchen fitters; to replace socket outlets and cooker points
- Heating engineers; replacing a damaged fused spur or connecting to an existing spur.
- Decorators; replacing light fittings, switches, and socket outlets
- Landscape gardeners; replacing outside lighting or outside sockets
- Security system installers; replacing or connecting to existing electrical connection points.
- Plumber; replacing showers or water heater elements
- Hotel/care-home maintenance staff
- Student accommodation maintenance staff
- Handyperson services including those provided by charities.
What you will learn on this course:
- Relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Scope of works (can and can’t do)
- How to identify potential hazards in a home or other residential premises
- How to safely isolate electrical circuits
- Replacing accessories (practical workshop)
- Basic functional checks
- Safe disposal of waste
- Logging and reporting
- Knowledge checks
This 2-day course can be delivered in one of our (TS4U) training centres or remotely for commercial clients. Students will undertake practical and theory sessions including a short knowledge check at the end. There is also an additional eLearning unit included on how to identify electrical hazards in the home and other residential premises.
To complete this course, learners must be present for both sessions and take part in all learning activities. Learners who complete this course will receive a certificate of attendance signed by their tutor or course manager.
- 2 days in-centre or remote
- Short eLearning module