C&G 5357 Electrical Apprenticeship
Why take the C&G 5357 Electrical Apprenticeship?
This electrical apprenticeship covers everything you need to be a domestic and commercial electrician. It is the equivalent to our 4 steps programme but structured differently and is fully funded meaning you (the learner) don’t have to pay a penny. If you have an employer we can help support them and you on how best to complete this highly regarded qualification. If you are the learner this page explains everything you need to know as an electrical apprentice.
If you are an employer looking for an apprentice please find out more here.
If you are looking to become an electrician remember you can start out with our 4 steps programme and if you find an employer we can flip you to a funded apprenticeship. This means you would no longer need to pay for your training.
Our apprenticeship training is delivered in the following locations:
- London Gatwick - For London, Sussex, Surrey and Kent
- Coventry - For Birmingham, Leicester and the Midlands,
- Warrington - For Liverpool, Manchester and the North West
- Leeds - For Yorkshire, Sheffield and the North East
Electrician Taster Sessions
If you are new to the industry and want to train as an electrician why not register for a taster session to find out if electrics could be the right career for you.
Apprenticeship OverviewApprenticeships have changed and are now open to adults of all ages. Many years ago it was only 16-19 year olds who would take apprenticeships, however government incentives and recent changes to the scheme structure now mean:
- Anyone at any age can get an apprenticeship
- Funding is available to all age groups over 16
- You don’t have to earn the minimum wage meaning you can get paid well whilst training
You benefit from training at one of our state of the art specialist electrical training centres (Gatwick, Warrington, Leeds or Coventry) with your portfolio assessments delivered online and onsite by our team of assessors nationwide.
You will receive the most up to date C&G 5357 qualification whilst earning an income as an electrician's apprentice. The government, ECA, JIB, JTL and Summit skills all recognise it as a robust route to becoming a fully qualified electrician.
Once you have passed your final AM2 Assessments you will be a fully qualified electrician able to undertake work in both domestic and commercial settings. You will also have the most up to date knowledge in areas such as environmental technologies giving a foot into the door of renewable energy opportunity.
Maintenance or Electrical Installation Apprenticeship?
What are the benefits of being an apprentice?
- You can earn whilst you learn.
- No fees to pay back
- The learning is spread out and interlaced with your job.
- You will receive an industry recognised qualification.
- Gain independence and respect
- Gain real work experience
- Improve your employability
- Develop your skills
Entry Requirements / Who’s it for?
- Be 16 years old or older, there is no upper age limit.
- You will need to have been a UK resident for the previous three years.
- You will need an employer before you can start the apprenticeship.
- You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 Hours per week by a qualified electrician.
- Ideally you will need to have 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (Grades 9 to 4 or A-C), however there are other criteria on which your ability in these areas can be assessed.
- If you do not hold the required GCSE’s you can still qualify if you have passed a functional skills test. If you are not quite at this level, you will have the opportunity to work towards these qualifications as part of your apprenticeship.
Why train with Trade Skills 4U?
- As an expert trainer of adults we offer a serious learning environment where every learner wants to be there
- We are electrical training specialists with highly experienced tutors
- We boast some amazing training facilities nationwide
- You get support from a dedicated Industry Assessor
- Our unique 4 steps programme allows you to switch to an apprenticeship when you gain employment
- Get a JIB ECS Card
- High success rates
- Small class sizes
- Access to ongoing student support
Course Dates, Timings and Funding
If you prefer to self fund your training and front load the learning elements please see our 4 step programme.
Apprenticeship Complaints Procedure
Exams & Assessments:
Throughout the course you will be assessed on each unit above in a variety of ways including:
- Knowledge Units: Online multiple choice exams and assignments.
- Performance Units: Locally assessed in your workplace. The cost of this course includes 3 onsite assessments.
- Completion of Electrotechnical Occupational Competence Unit which is assessed by the AM2 at a centre local to you. We have access to a network of assessment centres across the UK.
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this apprenticeship.
As well as the having multiple large sites, we also have a number of sites dedicated to delivering the 18th edition wiring regulations & PAT Testing courses.View all locations
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airey environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details