C&G 2396 Electrical Design Course (Virtual Classroom Only)
Why take the C&G 2396 Electrical Design Course (Virtual Classroom Only)?
This is the virtual classroom version of the C&G 2396 Course. You will be taught in a relatively small group, by a real tutor in a live online environment. This means you can ask questions, attempt task and gain feedback as when required. In fact this course lends itself well to the online virtual classroom.
The focus of this course is to give you the knowledge to design and erect an electrical installation, taking account of environmental influences, routing and suitability for purpose.
You will attend a live session for 5 days delivered by one of our experienced tutors and can then book your evening written paper once you feel ready. You will also have ongoing support from your tutor for your 40 hour project. The cost of this course includes project support but not the C&G exam. this can be booked for £150 when ready.
Full Course Title: Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.
Why take this 2396 Electrical Design course?
This is one of the most advanced course for electricians in the UK. It is a Level 4 qualification and is necessary to achieve approved technician status with the JIB.
It cover all the necessary information and knowledge to design and erect an electrical installation, with the focus being on cable sizing and management, taking account of environmental influences, routing and suitability for purpose.
- Real live online classes from the comfort of your own home
- You can interact with your tutor and fellow students in a way you can control
- The VCT system is configured so that your privacy is under your control, you can mute, disable your camera (whilst you grab a coffee or comfort break)
- Teaching is delivered in manageable bite size pieces allowing you to breakout for comfort and key tasks
- You only need to travel as far as you device be that a laptop, PC, tablet or even phone
- Cover the theory now,, take time to revise or practice and then book in your exams when you are ready.
- Virtual Classroom Technology is impressive. It is the future!
2396 Course Entry Requirements
Candidates should over 18 years old and be experienced in electrical installation. You should ideally hold one of the following inspection & testing qualifications:
- City & Guilds 2391-10 Inspection & Testing Course (Discontinued) or
- City & Guilds 2394 Initial Verification & Certification Course or
- City & Guilds 2395 Period Inspection & Testing Course
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course
You should also be up to date with the latest wiring regulations. If you are unsure of your suitability please contact a course advisor on 01293 529777.
City & Guilds 2396 Course Content
The course is theory based and consists of classroom based teaching run 5 days in a row. Following the course you will work on a set assignment which you will review with your assessor after you course. The 2396 course teaches you the invaluable skills to design and scope electrical installations. Course content includes:
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements relating to electrical installation design, construction management and verification
- The electrical installation design, construction and commissioning process
- BS 7671 requirements relating to electrical installation design
- Design and verification procedures for single and poly phase electrical installations
- Fundamental principles for the design and installation of associated protective systems relating to electrical installations
- Factors that affect choice of alternative energy sources and environmental technologies used within electrical installation design
- • You will need to prove competence in these subjects via a set assignment and a written exam.
Candidates must complete a one assignment estimated to be around 40 hours of work and one written exam which must be taken at a time set by City & Guilds.
You will need to registered by a set date in order to be booked in for your exam. For example you must book by the 30th April in order to sit the exam on in June. This is a nationally set registration date from City & Guilds which can not be moved. Please call us for next dates.
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airey environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details