City & Guilds 2394 Inspection and Testing Course
Why take the City & Guilds 2394 Inspection and Testing Course?
The City & Guilds 2394 Initial & Fundamental Inspection & Testing Course is a must have qualification designed specifically for domestic installers and existing contractors looking to up-skill. It allows installers to be able to verify (test) and inspect new installations.
It also covers inspection & testing of 3 phase installations. Also see:
** From November 2016 you will be able to take an online short answer exam with this course **
Full Course Title: Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (2394-01)
Entry Requirements / Who’s it for?
This qualification is ideal for contractors already working in industry but needing to learn all about initial / fundamental inspection & testing. All candidates should have basic knowledge of electrical science and experience of electrical installation.
This qualification is suitable for those with some experience of inspection and testing. It could be that you trained many years ago but haven't used your skills since then or you have been carrying out inspection and testing but haven't formally trained in the process and practical skills required.
As always if you are unsure of you suitability please call a course advisor on 01293 529777 for more information.
The course content is the same as these courses:
The C&G 2394 & 2395 courses share so much content that we simply run them as one course. The only difference with this qualification is that you will only take the assessments for the 2394 course. You can then at a later stage simply pay and book your C&G 2395 assessments should you wish. You may want to book:
This is a level 3 qualification, however for candidates with limited electrical experience you may want to consider our City & Guilds 2392-10 Inspection & Testing course.
Why take this 2394 Initial Verification & Certification course?
Like the old 2391 qualification, the 2394 course will be highly regarded by many employers in the industry and will be an excellent addition to any electricians CV. It allows you to test and inspect new installations.
Our specialist electrical instructors will help you demystify and simplify the qualification providing you with the latest certificate to demonstrate your competency. We have pass rates and facilities which are way above the national average for our inspection and testing courses.
City & Guilds 2394 Course Content:
This 2394 course will enable you to understand the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations with regulations and requirements. Its content covers the skills and necessary background knowledge for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installations. You will also cover periodic inspection and testing so that if you wish to book those exams at a later stage you can do.
The 2394 includes theory training in our state of the art centre. This qualification helps you to develop the knowledge and skills needed to professionally inspect and test electrical installations.
Key areas covered include:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energized
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
Throughout the above you will also cover:
- Health and Safety requirements
- Relevant documentation
- Factors that affect conductor resistance values
- Common earth fault loop paths
- Methods for verifying protection
- Requirements for determining fault current
- Procedures for dealing with clients
Exams & Qualifications
You will be assessed in 3 ways; 1 Online Multiple Choice, 1 Hand Written Paper or 1 Online Short Answer Exam and also a practical assessment. These break down as follows:
- 1 Online Multiple Choice (1.2 Hours)
- 1 Online Short Answer Exam (2 Hours)
- 1 Practical Assessment (3 Hours)
The written examination date and time is set nationally and commences at regular intervals set by City and Guilds. The course runs from Monday to Friday with the exam usually taking place the following Wednesday.
** Practical Assessments will be booked in once you have pass your paper exams
All exams and assessments take place on site here at Trade Skills 4U.
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
Last booking Dates & Nationally Set Written Exam Dates:
All our training takes place between Monday to Friday. The main course lasts 5 days with 1 online short answer exam taking place the following week after the course has finished. For online short answer exams there is no latest booking date or set exam dates.