From April 2022, the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) will no longer be open to homeowners (including people with mortgages) who live in single-unit properties such as bungalows and detached, semi-detached or terraced housing (source Gov.UK).
To get the EVHS grant, the wall charging unit has to be installed by a supplier approved by the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) who will then be able to claim for the grant on the homeowner’s behalf.
The current April 2022 sees two very important changes:
- The UK Government focus is shifting from providing support to homeowner in favour of renters and apartments.
- An increase in demand for non OZEV supplier to install wall EV car charging units as the EVHS grant is coming to an end in April 2022.
Demand for EV car charging points is set to increase
The number of EV car registrations continues to increase year after year. With the end of the EV Government grant in April 2022, the demand for EV car charging point installation is set to increase as more homeowners will now shop around to find the best supplier irrespective of the scheme associate OZEV.
Ready to get qualified as an EV Charging Point Installer?
The Domestic EV Car Charging Point installer course is one of our most popular courses – this 4 day course is designed specifically for Domestic Installer who wish to learn how to install, fault find, inspect, and test domestic car charging points.
We have the following EV installer courses available to book – simply click below or call our team on 0800 8564448 to book direct:
- C&G 2919-01 EV / Car Charging Point Installer Course – this course covers commercial installation and it’s designed for fully qualified electricians
- C&G 2919-02 Domestic EV / Car Charging Point Installer Course – this 4 day course has been designed to give you in-depth knowledge to be able to take advantage of this rapidly growing and exciting new market.
- Online C&G 2919-01 EV / Car Charging Point Installer Course – delivered as eLearning. Once you are ready, call us to book your exam at one of our 4 UK training centres.