So the season of Christmas Parties is upon us and that only means many of us will be struggling to come up with a secret Santa idea for someone else at work. Yes there is a great temptation to get a joke gift, but you would be amazed what you can pick up for under £15 that can really make a difference to a sparky in their day to day job. So below is a list of some super handy gifts which every sparky would love to have in their toolbox this Christmas.
1. Magnetic Telescopic Extending Light - Super hand for picking up dropped screws and all sorts of bits and pieces. This telescopic magnet light is an absolute bargain at only £6 from Amazon.
2. Super Head Torch with 3 lights - Every sparky will let you know they could not do without their head torch. This one is just £13.95, has 4 settings including a strobe setting which could be super handy on the dance floor at the Christmas party.
3. Automatic Wire Stripper - These wires strippers will save any electrician loads of time by enabling them to quickly and accurately strip a wide range of wires from 0.2mm to 6.0mm. They also automatically adjust to strip round and flat wires.
4. Safety Glasses - At just £9.90 these safety goggles are an must have piece of kit. If you have ever had a spark in your eye or a piece of metal then you will know how important it is to protect them when working in certain situations.
5. Portable Kettle - You would not believe how often you can get to a job and not have a means to make a decent brew. With this kettle in the car or van you will never get caught short as it charges from the in car cigarette lighter. A bargain at just £12.45.
6. Gel Knee Pads - If a sparky doesn't own a pair of these then they are going to be in real trouble after a few years. For just £13.99 you can crawl around in comfort. these pads are anti-slip and anti-marking too!
7. Angle Screw Driver Set - Yes there is a theme building up here. Electricians spend a huge amount of time in confined spaces with hard to read items such as screws. This adjustable angle screwdriver set is just £6.99!
8. Electricians Draw Tape - It's no easy task pulling cable through trunking without one of these. A simple but ingenious design makes this draw tape small and easy to use with a handy brake set into the handle.
9. Volt Pen - Every sparky probably has about 10 of these in various places so it will be no problem to add another to the collection. Super handy and only £9.35.
10. Cable Tie Gun - Simple and effective, pre-load this cable tie gun and fire away. It can be set to a range of tensions and has automatic flush cable tie cut off too. A snip at £10.99!
The list could go on forever, however you won't go too wrong with any of the above tools as they really will save time or help any electrician out on a daily basis.