1. What did you do before you trained to become an electrician?
I was a self-employed industrial door engineer, working many hours a day. It wasn’t an exciting job and the day to day duties became too repetitive.
2. Why did you decide to take the 2365?
I chose to train as an electrician because I wanted to challenge myself and gain a nationally recognised qualification. From the research I did about the Level 2 & 3 2365, I knew it would be the best way for me train and learn in-depth knowledge of electrical systems within the right timeframe.
3. Have you taken any additional courses with TS4U? If so, which ones and why?
Yes, I have taken the 2919-01 EV charging course. I wanted to add this additional qualification on because I think EV charging is a rapidly growing industry which I want to be a part of.
4. What was your overall experience with TS4U?
I really enjoyed my time at the Warrington centre. The staff and tutors were excellent and professional from start to finish. Also, because you are studying with the same group people for a long length of time, you make some great friends who all help each out and see one another succeed.
5. What did you enjoy from the course?
That there was always something new to learn. I felt every day was different, and I was so impressed by the amount of knowledge passed on from the tutors. The practical sessions were always the best for me.
6. Did you struggle with any parts of the course?
Yes, I felt I struggled the most with the maths & science topics. However, the tutors are extremely helpful and they make sure you have a full understanding of the theory side of the course.
7. Have you managed to get any on site experience whilst studying? If so, what is this?
Yes, I’ve been wiring industrial doors on site. I feel I have become more confident as the course has gone on and feel more skilled to work on other projects now too.
8. Have you managed to find employment since training with TS4U?
I managed to find employment towards the end of my course. Through my new qualifications I have been offered and job with Chargemaster plc.
9. Where do you hope your qualifications will take you?
With the knowledge gained, I hope my new employer will make me a specialist in my choice of field.
10. What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of want to become an electrician?
Don't ponder it, just do it! The qualifications can take you through any route including domestic, commercial, EV and electrical design. Retraining as an electrician has been one of the best experiences I have had and I would highly recommend it to anyone.