Safety Installer Course Package
Why take the Safety Installer Course Package?
This course packages combines both the emergency lighting and fire alarm courses together over a 4 day period saving you both time and money and allowing you to add to your skill set.
We have been delivering courses in fire alarm and emergency lighting installation for many years. However we have just launched a new package that combines the two together saving you both time and money when you train with us. If you are already working as a sparky or domestic installer and want to broaden your horizons or specialise in a new are this course could be ideal. With legislation getting tighter both commercially and in the residential landlord sector offering these extra services could really boost your income.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for electricians and domestic installers who already know how to carry out electrical installation and at a minimum re-wire a house. It is not intended for those with no electrical installation experience. These courses are designed to give you a grounding in each area below and they are not designed to be advanced courses for those with previous experience in installing fire alarms or emergency lighting.
Safety Installer Course Package
The course package is simply 2 individual 2 day courses run over a 4 day period. The courses included in this package are listed below. Further details on each course can be found by clicking the links below.
The course covers the legal requirements as well as the requirements of BS 5266-1, BS 5266-7 & BS5266-8.
- Locations of lights Illumination levels
- Glare index
- Types of emergency luminaire
- Requirements for safety signs
- Installation Design Exercise
- Wiring Systems
- Practical Exercise
- Testing and Commissioning
- Certification and log books
- The first day of the course is spent learning and interpreting the relevant parts of BS 5839.
- The second day takes the form of a practical workshop where a system is designed, constructed and inspected and tested. The participant is then introduced to the practical issues of system maintenance, certification and reporting.
There are no formal assessments on this course package as the focus is purely on the practical skills you learn throughout the day.
Candidates will be awarded a TS4U certificate of achievement.
Course Books Required
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
- Electricians Guide to Emergency Lighting, 3rd Edition - ISBN 978-1785616136
- At present you are unable to buy books for the fire alarms course. Until the 3rd edition of the book is released we will be providing students with printed booklet to accompany this course.
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are based 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and is easily accessible by car, bus and train. they are comfortable, light, bright and airy environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details