LV Authorised Person (Commercial) Refresher Course
Why take the LV Authorised Person (Commercial) Refresher Course?
This short course is designed for previous and current AP’s to refresh and update their knowledge of the requirements contained within HTM 06-02.
Passing this course serves as fulfilment of the 3-year retraining interval, as recommended by the HTM 06-02 guidelines, or to support the process for re-appointment as an Authorised Person Low Voltage.
PLEASE NOTE: We are able to customise this course for practicing AP’s working in companies who have specific procedures in place.
Why Take This Course?
The course is specifically for staff who have previously or are currently working with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of low voltage systems. The framework is designed with 3-yearly re-certification and re-appointment as Authorised Person in mind.
Individuals passing this course will be proficient in:
- Key contents of HTM 06-02
- The role and responsibilities of the Authorised Person (LV)
- Typical components and their function within a standard low voltage distribution system
- The different types of circuit protective devices used in low voltage distribution systems
- The function of a standby power supply and typical maintenance requirements
- An Authorised Persons responsibility over Competent Persons according to HTM 06-02
- Identifying the correct safety documentation to be used in a variety of scenarios
- Completing safety documentation as part of planned work in accordance with HTM 06-02
The course is designed specifically for staff who have previously or are currently working as an Authorised Person on a low-voltage electrical system. Candidates not currently working as, or who have not previously worked as an Authorised Person would be advised to complete our full LV Authorised Person Course instead.
This Commercial Authorised Person Low Voltage Refresher Course covers the practical and procedural aspects for a candidate to work effectively as an Authorised Person Low Voltage.
· General Safe Working Practices
· Review and apply content of HTM 06-02
· Refresh of working procedures detailed in HTM 06-02
· Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
· The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
· Procedures pertaining to logbooks and associated documentation
· Supervision of electrical works by competent persons
· Completion of safety programmes and issue of Permits to Work
How is this course delivered?
All theory can be delivered in a classroom at one of our nationwide training centres or at your own premises. Exercises are demonstrated by a qualified lecturer using real-world scenarios for each exercise as well as practical demonstrations on available equipment, either in-centre or at the candidates place of work.
Students will complete the following assessments on the last day of the course:
· Written documentation examination (no fixed time limit)
· 1 hour written exam
Upon successful completion of these assessments, Trade Skills 4U will provide students with a formal certificate of competence.
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airey environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details