External Wiring Regulations Course
Why take the External Wiring Regulations Course?
Special considerations are necessary when installing electrical cable and equipment outside. Fitting external electrical equipment involves working to strict wiring regulations and proper practices to avoid obvious dangers and a durable electrical installation. This course covers hands on training and practical demonstrations.
Of all the courses we offer, this subject is one of the most important when it comes to safety standards and the need to do the job right.
Why take this course?
External wiring covers anything from lighting, gate automation to water features; the list is endless and the kit you use is specialist and requires proper knowledge.
This short course is a mixture of theory and practical and is suitable for anyone carrying out electrical work external to the premises. Upon completion of this course you will have the knowledge, the skills and the confidence to successfully and safely, install electrical cable and accessories external to the property.
Who might benefit from this course?
To name a few:
- Auto Gate Installers
- Landscape gardeners
- Garage builders
- Swimming pool Installers
- Exterior Lighting installers and many more !
- The harsh environment as well as contact with the ground means that correct choice and installation are imperative to achieve a safe installation.
- External Wiring Course Content:
- This short course is a mixture of theory and practical demonstrations.
- Requirements of IEE Wiring Regulations and the Building Regulations
- External influences
- Selection of suitable cable
- Termination of cables
- Selection of suitable equipment
- Methods of jointing cables and materials available
- Burying of cables in the ground
- Protection for safety of external cable and equipment
There is no formal assessments on this course.
Candidates will be awarded a TS4U certificate of achievement.
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are based 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and is easily accessible by car, bus and train. they are comfortable, light, bright and airy environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details