Advanced Domestic Electrician Top-up (Step 2 only)
Why take the Advanced Domestic Electrician Top-up (Step 2 only)?
Learn additional skills for use in the Domestic market
This advanced domestic installation course opens the door to larger and more complicated installations for the domestic market. If you would like to work on Smart Homes, NEST Heating Controls, EV Car Charging Points, Domestic Security Cameras, Electric Heating Solutions or you wish to continue along the path to becoming qualified then this course gives you the practical and theoretical skills to further your career in new and exciting directions.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who has taken our Core Domestic Electrician course and wishes to gain more advanced skills
- Existing Domestic Installers who need additional practical skills for more complicated installations
From 1st March 2020, this course forms step 2 in our 5 step programme to gaining gold card status.
How long does it take?This practical and theory course is delivered in just five days in total, running from 9am - 4pm on five consecutive days. You do not need to take this course immediately after completing your Core Domestic Installation training, we have regular dates at all of our national training centres so you will be able to attend at a time and place that suits you, when finances allow.
What qualifications do I achieve?While no formal qualifications are awarded at the end of this course, the modules undertaken are lifted directly from the C&G 2365 Level 2 Diploma. As such, upon finishing this course you are a full week closer to completing your 2365 Level 2 should you choose to do so.
What can I do after this course?By gaining advanced domestic electrical skills, you will be able to undertake larger and more complicated installations in domestic dwellings. Learning to work with Steel Wire Armoured cable opens up EV Charge Point installation, while knowledge of Data Cabling allows you to work with Smart Home controls.
Why should I choose Trade Skills 4U?We are the UK’s no. 1 electrical training provider because everything we offer is the very best it can be - From our experienced and knowledgeable trainers and state-of-the-art facilities to in-depth course materials and tailored ongoing support - Everything is focused on you receiving the mot competent training in the industry. Other reasons to choose us include;
- Our tutors have industry specific training qualifications, but also spent years on the tools themselves
- We specialise in adult learners and career changers, so you will be surrounded by like-minded people
- Our state-of-the-art training centres are custom built to provide the best learning environment
- We run regularly scheduled dates and have easily reached nationwide locations
- Our students themselves give us a 9.25 out of 10 overall feedback score!
- We offer £50 off your first year’s membership to the NICEIC or ELECSA with our associate discount
- You will be eligible for a Totum PRO student discount card thanks to our NUS accreditation
The core competencies you will gain
Practical Skills- Glanding and termination of Steel Wire Armoured cable
- PVC mini trunking for circuit management
- Working with Data cables
Installation Theory- How electricity is supplied
- Introduction to Three-Phase
- Requirements of types of Micro Renewable Energies
"Excellent course, very good useful content. Excellent tutor, well delivered and broken down information for easy understanding. Coped very well considering everyone is at different levels/speeds."
"Excellent hands on course, informative week delivered by a highly competent tutor."
Exams and Assessment
There is no formal assessment at the end of this course, it is simply competency-based training giving you the knowledge and skills to apply what you learn in the real world.
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
- Electrician’s Guide to the Building Regulations, 5th Edition - ISBN 978-1785614682
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 8th Edition - ISBN 978-1785614521
- BS 7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations, IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (BLUE) - ISBN 978-1785611704
- IET On-Site Guide (BS7671:2018, 7th Edition) - ISBN 978-1785614422
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airey environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details