C&G 2919-02 Domestic Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation Course
Why take the C&G 2919-02 Domestic Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation Course?
This 4 day course is designed specifically for Domestic Installer who wish to learn how to install, fault find and inspect and test domestic car charging points. With the recent announcements from the government regarding petrol and diesel cars it is estimated that by 2020 there will be 1.2 million electric cars on the road and by 2030 50% of vehicles produced will be either electric or plug-in hybrid.
This course has been designed to give you in-depth knowledge and practical experience to be able to take advantage of this rapidly growing and exciting new market.
Our partnership with Rolec means that on passing this course you will be eligible to be registered on their approved installers scheme. Once registered you will appear on their national database of installers and this can lead to referrals for installation jobs in your area and the ability to draw down government funding for charging point installations.
Please note if you are fully qualified Level 3 electrician then you may want to take this 2 day course. If you are completely new to electrics we now offer a Blue Course package.
Full Qualification Title: C&G 2919-02 Level 3 Award In Domestic Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation.
Full Course Title: Level 3 Award In Domestic Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
Who is the Domestic Electric Car Charging Equipment Installation Course for?
This course is specifically designed for domestic installers looking to upgrade their knowledge and to understand how to install electric car and vehicle charging equipment allowing them to add an additional revenue stream to their business.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however we do expect you to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age 18 years old (mandatory)
Must be able to carry out the following competencies:
- Be able to install electrics in a domestic setting
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection and testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Be up to date with the latest Building Regulations requirements
- Be up to date with the latest 18th Edition wiring regulations (Highly recommended but not compulsory)
As a general guide our Bronze course would be the minimum training needed if you are not already working in industry.
Why take this course?
Currently there is an increasing demand for new electric vehicle charging points but too few installers to roll them out. This is already a booming market which is due to get much bigger in the near future. By arming yourself with a new skill such as electric vehicle charging installation you will be getting in early on a sector which should prove to be very lucrative in coming years. The Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis predicts the infrastructure market to more than double by 2020. See the graph below:
Domestic Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation Course Content:
On this course you will learn about:
- How to install and terminate steel wire armoured cable and PVC cable
- Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment
- The preparation for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment
- How to plan and prepare for the design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic locations
- How to install electric vehicle charging equipment for domestic locations
- Requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment
- How to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic locations
The following methods of assessment will be used for this qualification.
- On-line multiple choice tests, using e-volve
- Practical assignment
The knowledge requirements will be tested through an on-line multiple choice test and the practical requirements will be assessed through the assignment.
Course Book Required
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
- Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Standards) - ISBN 978-1785616808
Pheonix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are based 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and is easily accessible by car, bus and train. they are comfortable, light, bright and airy environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8HS View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6WY View details