Advanced Domestic Electrical Course
Beginners & Other Trades
Why take the Advanced Domestic Electrical Course?
A solid foundation in Domestic electrics plus advanced skills for larger premises
At the heart of this course is a solid foundation in domestic electrics but with added skills that allow you to progress onto larger jobs and branch out into other areas such as smart controls or EV car charging point installation. This course will get you out there working as a jobbing electrician as well as counting towards our 4 step journey to becoming fully qualified. After completing this course it is super easy to upskills into new areas such as Electric Vehicle Charging, Solar PV, PAT Testing and more.
Who Is It For?
- Complete beginners
- Other trades looking to offer more advanced installations
- Experienced electrical installers who need formal qualifications
Course snapshot: Advanced domestic electrical installation including Part P, 18th Edition, Inspection & Testing and practical skills.
- 13 Days Practical In Centre
- 5 Days E-Learning
- 5 Days Virtual Classroom
Electrician Taster Sessions
If you are new to the industry and want to train as an electrician why not register for a taster session to find out if electrics could be the right career for you.
How Long Does It TakeThis is an 22 day course. It contains the same 4 valuable City & Guilds Qualifications found in our domestic installer course package. You can run this course straight through or break it up to suit your needs. The last 5 days of this course will be spent covering advanced practical skills and inspection and testing.
Which courses / qualifications are included?
- City & Guilds 4141-01 - Electrical Installation Work within a Domestic Dwelling (5 days)
- City & Guilds 2393 – Part P & Building Regulations (5 Days)
- City & Guilds 2392-10 – Inspection & Testing Course (5 Days)
- City & Guilds 2382 – Wiring Regulations (Including latest amendments) (3 Days)
- Domestic Installer Plus Top Up (5 Days)
Course Timings and Delivery Methods
- Week 1 Domestic Installation Workshop (5 Days in Centre)
- Week 2 Introduction to Electrical Installation & Part P (2 Days Virtual Classroom, 3 Days E-Learning)
- Week 3 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (3 Days Virtual Classroom)
- Week 4 Inspection & Testing (5 Days In Centre)
- Week 5 Advanced Domestic Installation (5 Days In Centre)
This course covers the following core competencies found in our foundation domestic electrician courses :
- Practical skills involved in all key domestic circuits you may need to install
- Building and wiring regulations
- How to inspect and test your own work
Plus it covers the following advanced skills in the last five days:
- Glanding and termination of Steel Wire Armoured cable
- PVC mini trunking for circuit management
- Working with Data cables
- How electricity is supplied
- Introduction to Three-Phase
- Requirements of types of Micro Renewable Energies