C&G 2921-31 Domestic & Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Installation
Why take the C&G 2921-31 Domestic & Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Installation?
Before booking please check the entry requirements!
Course Title: 2921-31 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Design and Installation of Domestic and Small Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Installations
The UK's mission to grow the Electric Vehicle infrastructure is well under way, however the industry still needs more competent installers. City & Guilds have created the 2392-31 to standardise practices so manufacturers, suppliers and installers can adhere to them. This course has also been designed to better reflect the future requirements of this exciting new industry by helping to reduce the risk of unsafe and inefficient practices.
Trade Skills 4U are proud to announce a new suite of Electric Vehicle (EV) charging qualifications which are designed to give a fundamental understanding on how to Design, install, test, inspect, commission, and maintain electric vehicle charging equipment.
Course Snapshot: 2 day (Non-consecutive) course (1 Day teaching + short eLearning and self study & 1 day for exam and assessment). Unlike many others this course includes the C&G qualification and assessments.
Please note, the assessment day is booked separately to the days learning and is bookable when you are ready.
Who is the qualification for?
This qualification is designed for electricians who want to develop their existing skills to include installation and maintenance of single electric vehicle charging units in domestic properties and small commercial premises.
This qualification will give you a fundamental understanding on how to design and install domestic and small commercial electric vehicle charging equipment.
Typical examples include:
- 16 A (3.6 kW) and 32 A (7.2 kW) single phase units
- 11 kW and 22 kW three-phase units
Topics covered in this qualification include:
- Understanding requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Understand different types and features of electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Designing an installation for electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Understand requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning, and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment and circuits.
- Understand the use of vehicles as electrical energy storage systems as part of prosumer’s installations.
What are the entry requirements?
This course is intended for practicing electricians as part of the assessment for this qualification, learners must hold one of the following:
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
- 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification
- 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
- Other Awarding Organisations equivalences will also be acceptable
- Equivalent historical qualifications
- ECS Gold Card, JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card
If you are unsure on your current eligibility please contact our sales department on 0800 856 4448 who will be happy to help.
- Online multiple choice
- Short answer question paper and scenario-based questions
Course Book Required
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
- Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Standards) - ISBN 978-1839531804
As well as the having multiple large sites, we also have a number of sites dedicated to delivering the 18th edition wiring regulations & PAT Testing courses.View all locations
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Explorer 2 Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airy environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details