C&G 2919-02 Domestic EV / Car Charging Course (Virtual Classroom Only)
Why take the C&G 2919-02 Domestic EV / Car Charging Course (Virtual Classroom Only)?
This course is delivered by virtual classroom and allows domestic installers to upgrade their current offering and install domestic EV / Car charging points in homes across the UK. The valuable C&G qualification will ensure you can register with an OLEV approved installers scheme.
We offer a range of in centre and E-Learning EV Car charging installers courses which can be found here.
You will attend 2 days via virtual classroom and then book in for your practical day and assessment day when you are ready. This costs £315 inc VAT.
Full Course Title: Level 3 Award In Domestic Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
Our partnership with Rolec means on passing you will be eligible to join their OLEV approved installers scheme as long as you have a current membership with an electrical scheme provider such as the NICEIC.
The benefits of VCT:
1. Live sessions with other students but online.
2. Its interactive, you can ask questions, interact with the tutor and see their whiteboard
3. You are in control of your privacy. You can turn you camera off or on and take a break if needed.
4. The sessions are broken up to give you breaks and time to complete tasks.
5. You can do the course whever your laptop, tablet or even phone is.
6. Get the benefits of online learning coupled with live tuition and a formal qualification at the end.
7. VCT is the modern method of teaching, its impressive, it’s the future!
Who is this course for?
This course is designed specially for domestic installers. It can be taken at any time as a top up for anyone already working as a domestic installer but also makes a great addition to our domestic electrician course package.
You should be 18 years old and meet the following prerequisites:
- Be able to install electrics in a domestic setting
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection and testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Be up to date with the latest Building Regulations& Wiring regulations
As a general guide our Step 1 Domestic electrician Course would be the minimum training needed if you are not already working in industry.
Why take this course?
Quite literally there is not a bigger opportunity for electricians in the UK to grow into an expanding market than this. Electric car sales are set to boom in coming years and so will the infrastructure. Grants of up to £500 are available for installers meaning the installations costs for home owners are low.
On this course you will learn about:
- How to install and terminate steel wire armoured cable and PVC cable
- Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- The advantages and disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment
- The preparation for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment
- How to plan and prepare for the design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic locations
- How to install electric vehicle charging equipment for domestic locations
- Requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment
- How to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic locations
- As a specialist on electrical and renewable courses you can be sure of first class facilities and teaching when you attend this course.
2 Days is delivered via VCT with the final 2 days of practical and exams booked in once you are ready.
The following methods of assessment will be used for this qualification.
• On-line multiple choice tests, using e-volve
• Practical assignment
The knowledge requirements will be tested through an on-line multiple choice test and the practical requirements will be assessed through the assignment.
Course Book Required
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Standards) - ISBN 978-1839531804
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airey environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details