C&G 2919-01 EV / Car Charging Course (Virtual Classroom Only)
Why take the C&G 2919-01 EV / Car Charging Course (Virtual Classroom Only)?
This course allows experienced electricians to work in the growing market of EV / Car charging point installation. The C&G qualification allows you to register with any manufacturer on their OLEV approved installers scheme enabling you to draw down grants to subsidise your installations.
We also offer a number of in centre and E-Learning course options here.
This course is very similar to our in centre courses but has been specially adapted to be delivered via Virtual classroom.
The cost of this course does not include the cost of your online and practical assessment.
You will attend 1 full days worth of Virtual Classroom and then can book in your exams an assessments when you feel ready for just £175 inc VAT.
Full Course Title: Level 3 Award In Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
On completing this course you are eligible to be enrolled on Rolec’s Approved Installer scheme giving you access to up to £500 grants to install their chargers plus marketing and technical support.
The benefits of VCT
1. It’s a real live classroom session but online, you will attend with other students. Importantly they will only see or hear you if you choose.
2. You can interact with the tutor and his virtual whiteboard. He can see and hear you.
3. You can speak to him, ask questions, and hear other students.
4. You are in control of your privacy. You can turn you camera off or on and take a break if needed.
5. You will get several breaks during the day as well as break out sessions to complete tasks.
6. You only need to travel as far as your laptop, tablet or even phone.
7. Study your theory on a VCT class and then go to one of our state of the art centres to complete any practicals and exams.
8. VCT is the modern method of teaching, its impressive, it’s the future!
Who is the EV Charging course for?
If you are an experienced installer wanting to install in commercial, domestic and on street settings then this is the course for you. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however we do expect you to meet the following requirements:
- Over 18 years old
- Be able to correctly install and terminate pvc/pvc cable (twin and earth) and Steel Wire armoured cable (swa).
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection & testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork.
Note: These competencies are required for the assessment and are not taught as part of the course. It is highly recommended that you are up to date with your 18th edition wiring regulations. If you do not meet these requirements you can always take take our Domestic Electric Car Charging Course instead designed specifically for domestic installers.
Why take this course?
Government policy, changing attitudes to petrol and diesel cars and improved technology means that electric cars represent the biggest change to our infrastructure and transport needs for olver 100 years. This is currently the no1 opportunity looking to future proof their business. Those who get in early will benefit from this extra skill for many years to come.
Electric Vehicle Charging Course Content:
You will be taught how to design, specify, install, fault find, test and inspect electric vehicle charging points both for the commercial and domestic sector. This includes the “on street” points that you may have seen in many town centres.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles - Electric Vehicle types, Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Overview of Electric Vehicle charging - Modes of charging and requirements, restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements - Supply, Earthing, Planning permission, Explosive atmospheres, Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Installation - Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Test and Certification - Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- System Test, Fault Finding and Examination - Includes both a practical and written assessments
We offer both exceptional virtual classrooms as well as state of the art assessment facilities for you to train and pass your qualification.
Once you have completed your course simply contact us to book in your assessments for just £175 inc VAT. You will come in for 1 day and take an online multiple choice exam plus a 2 hour practical assessment.
You can bring your own tester in for the practical assessment as long as it complies to GS38. Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
Course Book Required
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Standards) - ISBN 978-1839531804
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airey environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details