C&G 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course (Virtual Classroom Only)
Why take the C&G 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course (Virtual Classroom Only)?
Above all this course allows you to carry out periodic inspection and testing. This is a highly regarded skill and a lucrative additional service for any experienced electrician. The course is delivered over 5 days in the virtual classroom allowing you to learn from home whilst benefiting from a live interactive lesson where you can put forward those complex questions to your tutor.
You will take 5 full days training from home and then book into our centres for your practical assessments and exams. These take a further 1.5 days and cost £265 inc VAT.
Worth Knowing: A qualification in periodic inspection and testing will enable you to offer the new compulsory landlord inspections, a market set to explode in 2020. Plus a 2391 qualification is currently required in order to gain your JIB grading as an approved electrician.
The benefits of VCT
- It’s a real classroom in virtual reality, a real interactive class of fellow students. Importantly they cannot see you nor you them.
- You can see and hear the tutor, he can see and hear you, you can see his virtual whiteboard. You can speak to him, ask questions, and hear other students.
- The VCT system is configured so that your privacy is under your control, you can mute, disable your camera (whilst you grab a coffee or comfort break)
- We have several breaks during the teaching day so fatigue is reduced.
- The difference from a real classroom, it’s in your own home, no travelling necessary.
- Quality focused learning. The VCT teaches you the theory element of your course, if relevant the workshop practicals and exams are held separately at your convenience, when you’re ready.
- VCT is the modern method of teaching, its impressive, it’s the future!
What are the entry requirements?
Its important to understand that we only offer this course to those with solid hands on experience of inspection and testing. This means you will be learning with like minded adult learners who are at a similar level to you. You must be over 18 and be up to date with the latest wiring regulations. Knowledge of 3 phase systems is also highly beneficial. If you have not trained in inspection and testing formally then we suggest you start out with our C&G 2392 course first.
Note: There is no practical training, as such we recommend you have 6 months testing experience before taking this course:
If you are just a bit rusty, you can take the inspection and testing practical refresher course which usually runs the week before this one.
C&G 2391-52 Course Content:
The course covers the inspecting and testing of single and three-phase, and is run to the latest 18th edition wiring regulations. You will learn the key inspection and testing techniques both in terms of initial verification and periodic.
Key areas covered include:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Health and Safety requirements
- Relevant documentation
- Factors that affect conductor resistance values
- Common earth fault loop paths
- Methods for verifying protection
- Requirements for determining fault current
- Procedures for dealing with clients
The course runs 5 days in a row in the virtual classroom and then you can book your exams and assessments for £265 inc VAT. These usually take around 1.5 Days
2391-52 Exams and Assessments
When you feel ready you can book the following assessments:
- 2 Hour online open book exam.
- Short assignment completed whilst on the course (Roughly 1.2 Hours).
- 2.5 Hour practical assessment usually completed on week 2.
Course Books Required
We stock some books in our main centres, however we can not guarantee stock availability unless you call us in advance to purchase the books. To buy books please call 01293 529777. You will need the following books for this course:
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 8th Edition - ISBN 978-1785614521
- IET On-Site Guide (BS7671:2018, 7th Edition) - ISBN 978-1785614422
We recommend that you re-read and refresh your knowledge of guidance note 3 before attending the course. We also recommend reading the electrical safety first document which can be downloaded here: https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/mediafile/100740439/Best-Practice-Guide-4-Issue-4-.pdf
As well as the having multiple large sites, we also have a number of sites dedicated to delivering the 18th edition wiring regulations & PAT Testing courses.View all locations
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Royce Road Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airey environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details