2 Day C&G 2377 PAT Testing Course with Foundation (Virtual Classroom Only)
Why take the 2 Day C&G 2377 PAT Testing Course with Foundation (Virtual Classroom Only)?
If you have decided to study PAT testing but don’t have an electrical background this 2 day virtual classroom course is designed to give you all the required fundamental knowledge of PAT testing. It covers all the theory elements allowing you to attend the centre when you are ready and take your practical assessment and exams. There is also the added benefit of choosing which exams you wish to attempt out of the operators and management qualifications.
It's delivered on a live session and very much like attending a normal class in centre but with no need to travel. The tutor will be able to guide you through this topic and answer any questions you have along the way.
The benefits of VCT.
- Real live online classes from the comfort of your own home
- You can interact with your tutor and fellow students in a way you can control
- The VCT system is configured so that your privacy is under your control, you can mute, disable your camera (whilst you grab a coffee or comfort break)
- Teaching is delivered in manageable bite size pieces allowing you to breakout for comfort and key tasks
- You only need to travel as far as you device be that a laptop, PC, tablet or even phone
- Cover the theory now,, take time to revise or practice and then book in your exams when you are ready.
- Virtual Classroom Technology is impressive. It is the future!
Who’s it for?
This course is ideal for anyone with little or no electrical knowledge. Many people benefit from the more in depth teaching covering some fundamental principles of electricity and giving you a better understanding of why you have the do the tasks you do.
If you only intend to PAT test for yourself and not offer it as a service you can simply book the 1 2377-22 exam. If you are looking to take a further step and offer PAT testing as a service you can book the Management 2377-32 exam too.
Why take this PAT Testing course?
By taking this course you will have the greatest chance of success on the PAT testing exams. You will learn both the skills to carry out PAT Testing as well as the management qualification.
Kewtech PAT testers are used on this course and are available to purchase at Reception in our main centres (Leeds, Gatwick and Warrington) at a discounted price.
On the first day you will learn:
- What is electricity?
- The SI units of measurement used when working with electricity.
- Simple ohms law.
- Simple power calculations
- The nature and effects of electric shock.
- Over current protection (fuses and circuit breakers)
- Earthing as a means of protection.
- Use and operation of RCD’s
- How conductor resistance effects disconnection times.
- Terminology used in relation to PAT testing.
On Day 2
- Electrical Safety
- Regulations role and responsibilities
- Insulation and earthing
- Classification of appliances
- Preliminary Inspection, test precautions
- Using a Portable Appliance Tester
- Essential tests
- Optional tests
- Labelling tests
- Reporting and recording results
- Implementing a test programme
- Practical Assessment
- Law and scope of relevant legislation
- Types, use and testing of electrical equipment.
- Categories, frequency and practicalities of PAT testing
- Procedures, documentation and user responsibility
- Identify training required for PAT testing
- Appropriate test instruments and how they are used.
Exams & Assessments
- Practical refresher with Assessment and 1 exam £100 inc VAT
- Practical refresher with Assessment and 2 exams £150 inc VAT
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
As well as the having multiple large sites, we also have a number of sites dedicated to delivering the 18th edition wiring regulations & PAT Testing courses.View all locations
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Mitre Court and Explorer 2 Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airy environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details