3 Day 18th Edition Course (Virtual Classroom Only)
Why take the 3 Day 18th Edition Course (Virtual Classroom Only)?
This course is essential for anyone working in electrical installation in the UK today. It is delivered via virtual classroom. You will attend a live course with other students in our dedicated virtual classrooms.
The course content is very much the same as our ‘in centre’ course but has been specially adapted to make it more suitable to the virtual classroom. This is the full 3 day course so you will be attending 9am to 4pm 3 days in a row.
You can book your exam when ready for just £75 inc VAT when you are ready.
Qualification Title: Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671: 2018 (2382-18)
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. You should however have knowledge of electrical installation and science. If you do not have the basic knowledge why not attend our 5 Day installation Workshop course or our 5 day Part P course. All candidates must be over 16 years old.
Why take a VCT course?
- It’s a real classroom in virtual reality, a real interactive class of fellow students. Importantly they cannot see you nor you them.
- You can see and hear the tutor, he can see and hear you, you can see his virtual whiteboard.
- You can speak to him, ask questions, and hear other students.
- The VCT system is configured so that your privacy is under your control, you can mute, disable your camera (whilst you grab a coffee or comfort break)
- We have several breaks during the teaching day so fatigue is reduced.
- The difference from a real classroom, it’s in your own home, no travelling necessary.
- Quality focused learning. The VCT teaches you the theory element of your course, if relevant the workshop practicals and exams are held separately at your convenience, when you’re ready.
- VCT is the modern method of teaching, its impressive, it’s the future!
Where can you take the exam?
- Central London (Euston)
- Newcastle / Sunderland (Durham CCC)
The course wont teach you every regulation in the book, no course can. It will teach you key regulations and how to reference these as you would on the job. Key topics currently covered on the course are:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- What are the key changes in the 18th Edition?
- Protection against overvoltages - Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled.
- Protection against fire - Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information on arc fault detection
- Electrical Embedded heating - Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating, and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems.
- Energy efficiency - There will be a brand new section covering energy efficiency
18th Edition Exams & Assessments
When you are ready you can book your 2 hour multiple choice open book exam for £75. Simply give the team a call on 01293 529777 and they will book you in for a slot.
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessment on this course.
As well as the having multiple large sites, we also have a number of sites dedicated to delivering the 18th edition wiring regulations & PAT Testing courses.View all locations
Phoenix House has raised the bar for electrical training centres in the UK. The centre is just East of Leeds situated just off of the M1 / A1. This makes it easily accessible from Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, York, Harrogate and all over Yorkshire.Phoenix House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road, Leeds, West Yorks, LS14 1PQ View details
Our Northern training facility is situated just off Junction 10 of the M62 at Birchwood Park and is very accessible from towns such as Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool and Chester.Unit B, The Beacons, Warrington Road, Birchwood, WA3 6WY View details
We currently offer 18th edition courses from Newcastle just north of the City Centre. We are based a just a short drive from Newcastle and Sunderland. However watch this space as we will add any new courses on offer to this page as they become available.Holiday Inn, Jesmond Road, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE2 1PR View details
Our brand new centre opened in July 2019 offering a full range of electrical courses for those based in Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton and all over the midlands region. The new centre is based in Westwood Business Park right next...Rowan House, Westwood Way, Coventry, West Mids, CV4 8HS View details
Our Hertfordshire PAT Testing and 18th edition courses are delivered from the University of Hertfordshire Campus. This makes it easily accessible from North London, Hertfordshire, Essex and the home counties.
Our Mitre Court and Explorer 2 Facilities are just 2 minutes south of Gatwick Airport and are easily accessible by car, bus and train. They are comfortable, light and airy environments in which students can learn a wide range of practical and theory based skills.Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9JY View details
Our centre in Central London is based right next to Euston Station. We currently offer a few electrical courses from Central London. We do offer more courses from our London Gatwick Centres which are easily accessible b...Euston House, 24 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1AD View details
Located right on the M4 our Maidenhead facility is easily commutable from West London, Reading, Slough, Windsor, Bracknell, Wokingham and all along the M4 corridor. We currently provide 18th edition courses from this location.Holiday Inn, Manor Lane, Berkshire, Maidenhead SL6 2RA View details
We deliver electrical training for the South West from our Bristol Facility which is located right on the M4 and M5 junction . This makes it easily commutable from Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Wales and the South West.
We offer 18th edition courses from Peterborugh just of the A1 and easily accessible by car from the East of England.Holiday Inn, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SG View details
New 18th edition course in Hull for 2020. Easily accessible and offered in some great clean bright and airy facilities.Mecure Grange Park, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, Hull, HU10 6EA View details
18th edition courses from Carlisle new for 2020. Easily accessible by road and rail.Crown & Mitre Hotel, 4 English Street, Carlisle, CA3 8HZ View details
We have launched 18th edition courses in Southampton. At present it is mainly the 3 day 18th edition course that is available in this location but we may well be adding more course types in the near future. You can also do an online 18th edition course and then take an exam in...Mercure Dolphin Hotel, 34-35 High Street, Southampton, SO14 2HN View details